This space is intended for freelancers working for PRODOC
This article explains how the word count, which is the basis for our orders, is calculated.
Table of contents
Create a view containing only the segments to be translated
- Open the checked-out copy of the project.
Translationspane select all documents:
- Click on
Create Viewand assign a name to the view in the next Window:
OKand open the view:
Show only the segments to be translated
This step is necessary, because memoQ will show the correct number of repetitions only in the filtered view
- Click on the filter icon to filter the view:
- Show only unconfirmed segments:
- On the
Documentsribbon click on
- In the
Statisticswindow make settings as per screenshot and click on
Calculate the word count
The statistics window will show something like this:
Counts section shows counts of the not translated segments in the light blue highlighted area:
All: this is the total number of Segments / Words / Characters to be translated
Repetition: This is the number of Segments / Words / Characters repeated within the total number
The number of words to be translated in the above example is hence: 4850-678=4172 words
The number of lines to be translated in the above example is: 32323 - 4509 / 55 = 505,70 lines
This number is the basis for our orders
Analysis section shows what is to be expected during translation:
- No match: These segments will have to be translated from scratch
- 50%-74%: For these segments you will find matches with some similarity created by you during your translation work, slightly reducing the amount of your work on these segments
- 75%-84%: For these segments you will find quite good matches created by you during your translation work: some words will have to be changed, Formatting, number and tags may need some adaption, thus reducing the amount of your work on these segments
- 85%-94%: For these segments you will find really good matches created by you during your translation work: only a few words will have to be changed, Formatting, numbers and tags may need some adaption, there is not much translation work left on these segments
- 95%-99%: For these segments you will find very good matches created by you during your translation work: only formatting, numbers and tags may need some adaption, no words need to be changed in these segments
- 100% / 101%: These segments will be automatically filled in during your translation, provided you have your propagation settings set up correctly
All in all this section will give you quite a good idea of how much work is actually involved with this job.
We might ask freelancers for a discount, if the numbers in the 75%-99% section are relatively high.
Store the word count
- With a click on Export, you can save the statistics either in HTML or in csv format.
- Freelancers will receive this statistics file together with our order
- Close the Statistics Window
Right-click on the view and select