This space is intended for freelancers and customers working together with PRODOC
Prepare Trados for memoQ Xliff
If you are using Trados 2015 or newer, Trados is already prepared to work with memoQ XLIFF files.
If you are wiorking with an older version of Trados:
- Get the App for Trados from https://appstore.sdl.com/de/ : Search for memoQ and download the
File type definition for memoQ XLIFF
- Install the App, follow instructions of this video: https://www.memoq.com/learn/webinars/recorded-webinars/preparing-projects-in-memoq-for-tageditor-and-sdl
The Information relevant for Trados Studio 2014 Users starts at 37 minutes in the video and ends at 39:45 minutes
- As an alternative, you can follow these instructions: http://wiki.kommunicera.se/index.php?title=Translating_*.mqxliff_in_different_CAT_tools
Import memoQ Xliff into Trados
- In Trados, create an empty project.
- Use the add files command to add the
*.mqxlzfile to your project
- Highlight the imported files and right-click
- Use the
Batch Tasks -> Convert to translatable formatcommand in order to be able to translate the imported files
Currently there is no way to provide complete packages that include TBs and TMs for Trados users.
Therefore, after importing the memoQ-Xliff files in Trados you may also need to import termbases and translation memories, in case we provide these separately.
Delivering the translated files from Trados
- Use the
Save target ascommand and export the files as *.mqxliff or *.mqxlz (not *SDLxliff).
- Send the *.mqxliff or *.mqxlz to PRODOC